Key Concepts in Science: More Biology
When and Where
- 25 Apr 2019 - 23 May 2019 (12.5 hours, 5 weeks)
- Days and times
- Thursday 13:30 - 16:00
- Morley College London
- Full fee
- Concession fee
- Senior fee
- This course has started but late enrolments are accepted.
- Fiona Murray
- Course code
What you will learn
This introductory course is for anyone who wants to find out more about Biology for fun or for future study.
Learn about living organisms, the variety of microorganisms, plant and animal life and life processes
through observation and practical investigation in our science laboratory.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Classify living things (plants, animals, microorganisms)
- Describe the characteristics of living organisms
- Understand nutrition in plants and animals
- Understand the organisation of multicellular organisms from cells (through tissues, organs and systems) to organisms
- Understand the rules of inheritance
- Explore the relationships between plants and animals in an ecosystem
- Use apparatus, measuring techniques and materials in the laboratory
Class format and activities
You will learn through practical activities, demonstrations, videos and discussion.
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
Open to all - no prior experience necessary.
What you need to know before you enrol
This course includes practical work in the science laboratory. You should wear sensible shoes and be
prepared to wear a lab coat and tie your hair back if necessary.
For further course information please email email@example.com
What you will need for your class
All materials will be provided
What you can do next
Help your children with Biology at Key Stage 2 and 3.
Level 2 course in Science or Biology.
Apply to study Access to HE: Science or Access to HE: Health and Human Science (additional entry requirements apply - please see the courses for further details).