Morley Radio Drama
When and Where
- 24 Apr 2019 - 3 Jul 2019 (22.5 hours, 9 weeks)
- Days and times
- Wednesday 19:00 - 21:30
- Morley College London
- Full fee
- Concession fee
- Senior fee
- Senior Fee discount not applicable
- This course has started but late enrolments are accepted.
- Julia Lewis, Philip Morris
- Course code
What you will learn
This course will involve writing, producing and recording a radio play, to be recorded on Morley Radio! Develop the skills needed to plan and develop a collaborative radio play. The course will pay particular attention to structure, characterisation and dialogue and bold and imaginative approaches to the use of sound and language will be encouraged.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Develop your own radio drama as a group
- Write original sections of text and develop characters
- Record a performed drama script in a recording studio for radio broadcast
- Explore 'on mic' skills and techniques required for acting in radio drama
- Develop vocal characterisation skills for audio situations
Class format and activities
On the course you will:
• Do exercises to warm up the voice and speech muscles
• Rehearse written material
• Rehearse/record scripts/activities in a recording studio
• Participate in creating sound FX
• receive feedback
• receive and take direction
• participate in self evaluation
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
You will need to be fluent in speaking, reading and writing in English.
What you need to know before you enrol
You should be able to read a script and act at the same time
You will be expected to engage in independent study and preparation
What you will need for your class
Please wear comfortable clothing and no jewellery as there will be practical exercises.
Bring a pencil, eraser, pen and highlighters to each class.
What you can do next
Morley College’s Drama Department provides an exciting and diverse range of term-time and short course in Acting, Directing and Public Speaking. Please speak to your tutor, pick up a prospectus, look at our website or call the Theatre & Performance Dept for more information.