Storytelling through Movement and Camera for Dancers and Film Makers
When and Where
- 13 Jul 2018 - 16 Jul 2018 (18 hours, 6 days)
- Days and times
- Monday 14:00 - 20:00
Monday 11:00 - 17:00
Friday 14:00 - 20:00
Saturday 11:00 - 17:00
- Morley College London
- Full fee
- Concession fee
- Senior fee
- Senior Fee discount not applicable
- Adrian Look
- Course code
What you will learn
Storytelling through Movement and Camera, using the Tanztheater approach, exploring expression through movement and digital media.
Explore the fusion of dance as a medium for video and vice versa: dance and videography students come together through the craft of combining dance and film making.
The course will also function as a Master Class for more advanced students. Under expert guidance, you will create short film clips of high quality as a valuable resource to take with you as a document of the experience.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Dance students will work on dynamics and quality of movements and will be given tools to generate material, all under the objective of storytelling.
- Focus on the dancers creating material and the filmmakers finding an appealing way to film it
- Focus on the filmmakers developing a concept and directing the dancers according to their concept
- Develop a concept from scratch as a group. This is to give you the perspective of a director
- Create your very own short film. Based on all elements learned and skills gained throughout the first sessions, you will choose your own theme and launch a close collaboration between dance and film students
Class format and activities
Practical and explorative study of the craft of dance in relation to film making with dance at the heart of the project
There will be time to practise and discuss developing work.
Each session is supervised by both Adrian Look and Danilo Moroni to give feedback and guidance.
In addition to your dance practice, study can include the use of digital resources such as film & photography, useful websites and connection with online communities of interest via social media to enhance your learning.
Dance study offers a range of benefits including being an enjoyable way to increase fitness whilst enhancing wellbeing. Dance practice at Morley can also serve to enhance skills relevant for employment by means of encouraging increased confidence, physical dexterity and concentration.
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
All levels welcome, although some dance and/or film-making experience is necessary.
What you need to know before you enrol
This is a practical & collaborative learning experience.
What you will need for your class
Comfortable clothing for movement
A notebook and pen
What you can do next
See www.morleycollege.ac.uk/courses for all dance courses at Morley College