Intermediate Creative Writing
When and Where
- 19 Apr 2018 - 5 Jul 2018 (19.25 hours, 11 weeks)
- Days and times
- Thursday 19:45 - 21:30
- Morley College London
- Full fee
- Concession fee
- Senior fee
- Senior Fee discount not applicable
- Julie Garton
- Course code
What you will learn
For students who have some limited writing experience, this course further develops such key areas as: literary form (novel, short story, poetry); conveying character and experience; enriching language; evoking atmosphere and setting; creating narrative tension (curiosity, suspense).
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Explore different forms of fiction and poetry.
- Use language in a more vivid, effective and imaginative way.
- Gain confidence both in writing and in assessing and critiquing your own work.
- Work towards competing a piece of work (fiction or poetry) that could be submitted for publication.
Class format and activities
The classes will combine writing exercises in class, group discussion of key issues in creative writing, and reading and discussion of each other's work. Students will be expected to do homework between classes.
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
Some previous experience of creative writing, for example attendance at Morley's "Starting Creative Writing Class"
What you need to know before you enrol
What you will need for your class
Pen and paper.
What you can do next
Another creative writing class, such as Morley's "Advanced Creative Writing" class.