Healthy Nutrition: Introduction
When and Where
- 5 Jun 2019 - 10 Jul 2019 (15 hours, 6 weeks)
- Days and times
- Wednesday 18:30 - 21:00
- Stockwell Centre
- Full fee
- Concession fee
- Senior fee
- Senior Fee discount not applicable
- This course has started but late enrolments are accepted.
- Terence Mccoy
- Course code
What you will learn
This course is an introduction to the basic principles of nutrition; an overview of the basic building blocks of what, when and how to eat effectively to improve wellness, fitness and health. Learn about key aspects of health, nutrition, exercise and stress to help prevent fatigue, mood swings and aches and pains becoming part of your everyday life.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Be able to explain the Government approved basics of a healthy diet
- Be able to explain how & why the food plate may help with dietary choices (or not)
- Gain an understanding of reading food labels
- Gain a basic understanding of macro nutrients
- Learn the basics of weight control theory
Class format and activities
The classes will be a combination of lecture, partner work, work sheet completion, task completion and practical exercises. There will be a lot of group discussion and sharing of questions and advice. There is no formal assessment on this course but there is a fun, relaxed approach to learning.
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
A good level of spoken and written English.
What you need to know before you enrol
This course is located at our Stockwell Centre, 1 Studley Road, Stockwell, London, SW4 6RA. For further course information please email email@example.com
What you will need for your class
You will need pens, paper, pencils & rubber. Email and computer access at home would be ideal although this is available at the college.
What you can do next
Many students progress on to Morley’s full year Nutritional Science course.