When and Where
- 16 Apr 2018 - 9 Jul 2018 (15.5 hours, 10 weeks)
- Days and times
- Monday 19:30 - 21:00
- Morley College London
- Full fee
- Concession fee
- Senior fee
- This course has started but late enrolments are accepted.
- Brian Bertscher
- Course code
What you will learn
This course combines the core elements of a ballet technique class ~ barre, centre, adagio and allegro ~ with the opportunity to develop knowledge and ability in relation to the skill of partnering. Discover how to work with a partner to realise a harmony of coordinated action so as to move together to achieve poised and graceful dancing. For students with at least one year’s prior experience of ballet study.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Perform the dance actions with strength and energy without unnecessary tension and building up stamina
- Have worked with a range of musical qualities, involving sharp, quick action as well as smooth, elegant and more sustained movement
- Perform small dance enchaînement demonstrating basic awareness of how to respond with sensitivity to a partner
Class format and activities
Introduction to partnering skills
Study can include the use of digital resources such as film & photography, useful websites and connection with online communities of interest via social media to enhance your learning.
Dance study offers a range of benefits including being an enjoyable way to increase fitness whilst enhancing wellbeing. Dance practice at Morley can also serve to enhance skills relevant for employment by means of encouraging increased confidence, physical dexterity and concentration.
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
At least a year's prior and recent dance study
What you need to know before you enrol
You will be encouraged and guided by your tutor to develop your skills, dancing solo, with a partner and as part of a group.
What you will need for your class
Bottle of water
What you can do next
Ballet Partnering in the Autumn term.