ILM Level 2 Award in Introduction to Mentoring Skills
When and Where
- 19 Apr 2018 - 10 May 2018 (12 hours, 4 weeks)
- Days and times
- Thursday 18:00 - 21:00
- Morley College London
- Full fee
- Concession fee
- Concession Fee discount not applicable
- Senior fee
- Senior Fee discount not applicable
- Louise Miller
- Course code
What you will learn
The Award in Introduction to Mentoring Skills will help team leaders and first line managers to develop an understanding of the nature and the role workplace mentoring; learners will undertake mentoring activities and learn key mentoring skills and techniques.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Develop an understanding of the role and nature of mentoring
- Utilise mentoring skills to reflect on your own performance - learn key listening and questioning techniques
- Understand how to organise mentoring activities - plan for effective mentoring sessions
- Reflect on your own performance - define the goals, progress and actions needed to improve
Class format and activities
There are two mandatory units in the Award:
* 'Understanding Mentoring' helps learners to develop an understanding of the role and nature of mentoring;
* 'Developing Mentoring Skills' enables learners to undertake mentoring to reflect on their performance and identify areas for improvement.
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular and
detailed feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
You need to be 19 or above to enrol on this course.
It is recommended learners should have some current industry experience and good knowledge and
application of basic Maths, English and ICT.
What you can do next
This qualification will provide progression opportunities to a range of qualification such as:
* LM Level 3 Award in Coaching
* ILM Level 3 Award in Mentoring
* ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership & Management