CISI Fundamentals of Financial Services
When and Where
- 16 Apr 2018 - 2 Jul 2018 (39 hours, 11 weeks)
- Days and times
- Monday 18:00 - 21:00
- Morley College London
- Full fee
- Concession fee
- Senior fee
- Thuraya El-Kozeh
- Course code
What you will learn
This qualification is an important first step in developing the essential basic knowledge required for working in financial services. Students will gain an understanding of financial terminology and will be learn about the types of banking and commonly used financial products such as shares, bonds and insurance.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Understand the dynamics of saving and borrowing money
- Identify the difference between retail and commercial banking
- Recognise the types of borrowing available to retail customers from banks and other institutes
- Understand the functions of a stock exchange and the most popular stock market indices.
Class format and activities
The CISI Level 2 Fundamentals of Financial Services programme will be taught using a balanced mix of in-class activities and individual learning aimed at developing deeper understanding of the subject area and the skills associated with it.
At the end of the course, there will be an exam comprising 30 multiple-choice questions.
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
What you need to know before you enrol
The CISI Level 2 Fundamentals of Financial Services qualification offers the following additional benefits:
- Access to higher level CISI qualifications and financial services career paths
- Career insight days
- Free CISI Student membership allowing you to be associated with a Chartered professional body and take advantage of an extensive range of benefits.
What you will need for your class
A coursebook and learning materials will be provided.
What you can do next
Having completed the course, you can progress to studying for a Diploma in Finance, Risk and Investment or you can apply for any other Level 3 finance course.