Metal and Constructed Sculpture Advanced
When and Where
- 15 Oct 2020 - 17 Dec 2020 (30 hours, 10 weeks)
- Days and times
- Thursday 13:30 - 16:30
- Pelham Hall
- Full fee
- Concession fee
- Senior fee now part of Concession fee
- This course has started but late enrolments are accepted.
- Andrew Revell, Steve Hodgson
- Course code
What you will learn
Explore sculpture and construction with diverse Metals, wood and found materials in construction & cast metals. Pursue individual and set projects incorporating these processes. Some metal sculpture experience needed. Essential to wear old clothes and strong footwear. Technician supported. Basic consumable materials included but extra charge for materials used over individual materials fee.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- To develop and expand on existing metal working skills
- How to produce a constructed metal object to a satisfactory standard
- To develop and research ideas, imaginatively and through the works of others
- Learn and practice high standards of health and safety practice
- New Students: After an initial assessment, all new students will be inducted into various welding techniques including gas and electric processes
- Returning/Ongoing Students: Will continue ongoing personal projects, researching new techniques and processes, and expand and furthering their practice
Class format and activities
Developing individual metal projects with step by step instruction, demonstrations and observation Individual tuition and question and answer Group discussion and feedback Photographic recording of work in progress Individual learning goals will be negotiated with the tutor
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
Some experience of metal sculpture needed. Experience of drawing and design is desirable but not necessary.
What you need to know before you enrol
What you will need for your class
A sketchbook Fireproof overalls if possible, or clothes, Protective footwear All college issue protective clothing and equipment must be worn where applicable. Basic consumable materials included but extra charge for materials used over individual materials fee. Further requirements will be discussed at subsequent classes.
What you can do next
Further part-time Sculpture courses at Morley College, Part-time or full time sculpture /fine art courses , for example Foundation . BA or MA Fine Art