AAT Level 2
When and Where
- 6 Jan 2021 - 7 Jul 2021 (178 hours, 23 weeks)
- Days and times
- Wednesday 09:30 - 16:30
- North Kensington Centre
- Full fee
- £633 This course may be available for free
- Concession fee
- Concession Fee discount not applicable
- Senior fee now part of Concession fee
- Richard Aboagye
- Course code
What you will learn
This qualification will prepare you for junior and entry level accounting roles. It delivers a solid foundation in finance administration - covering areas such as double entry bookkeeping to basic costing principles and using accounting software.
At Morley we deliver a high quality provision which will prepare you for progression onto a higher level course at the college and into work.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- This qualification will prepare you for junior and entry level accounting roles. It delivers a solid foundation in finance administration - covering areas such as double entry bookkeeping to basic costing principles and using accounting software.
- You will learn finance, accountancy, business and communications skills.
- Units you will study will include: Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Elements of Costing
- Using Accounting Software
- Work Effectively in Finance
- Foundation Certificate Synoptic Assessment (The synoptic assessment will ask students to apply knowledge and skills gained across the qualification in an integrated way, within a workplace context.)
Class format and activities
You will be within a classroom setting with your teacher and other students. You have a mixture of taught input and independent work. There may be an element of the course which is completed online.
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
You will need a passion for learning.
What you can do next
Once complete, you are able to progress within the college to a higher level course and continue your journey in education. AAT Qualifications are recognised by employers as practical and technical qualifications that prepare students for the world of work and for working specifically in accountancy and finance roles.
The course can lead to employment as:
Accounts payable clerk
Purchase/sales ledger clerk
Trainee accounting technician
Trainee finance assistant