BTEC HNC Fashion
When and Where
- 21 Sep 2020 - 2 Jul 2021 (480 hours, 30 weeks)
- Days and times
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday,
- Morley College London Waterloo Centre
- Full fee
- £6150 Student loan information
- Concession fee
- Concession Fee discount not applicable
- Senior fee
- Senior Fee discount not applicable
- A team of specialist tutors will contribute to this course
- Course code
This course is the first year of the Pearson BTEC HND Art & Design (Fashion) 2 year diploma. Developed to respond to the needs of the industry, our curriculum will enable you to push the boundaries of your creativity in conceptual fashion design and textiles while gaining a solid foundation of professional techniques in garment construction, pattern cutting and computer aided design. Working on professional equipment, ranging from industrial sewing machines and K&L stands to modern digital resources including Gerber Technology and 3D printer, you will be supported in your studies by our experienced specialist tutors and guest lecturers.
Our ethos of supporting each student to expand their repertoire of skills in design and making combined with an outward facing industry focus has enabled our students to benefit from live projects across a range of disciplines. Our students have successfully engaged with industry professionals on projects including:
• A summer internship with a London Fashion Week designer, helping to create runway samples from original designs
• Costume design projects for local theatre groups, designing and creating costumes for dance and theatre performances
• Assisting a professional fashion stylist on an editorial fashion project
Having completed the full course you will have a nationally recognised Level 5 qualification and may be able to progress to the third year of an undergraduate degree programme, find a job in the fashion industry, or even start your own fashion business.
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
We welcome applications from anyone who feels that they are capable of reaching the standards required by this qualification. We offer places on the basis of portfolio and all students are expected to have a good standard of computer literacy. Applicants may be invited into the college to discuss their work and experience in more detail. This may include checking evidence of prior learning or training through portfolio review, practical sessions and personal interview. Please download a copy of the Programme Specification for additional information.
If you are looking to help build your portfolio skills before completing an application, we can recommend short courses in Clothes Making, Pattern Cutting and Fashion Design and Portfolio offered here at Morley College London: