Taijiquan: for Health and Self Defence
When and Where
- 23 Apr 2020 - 9 Jul 2020 (22 hours, 11 weeks)
- Days and times
- Thursday 19:30 - 21:30
- Morley College London Waterloo Centre
- Full fee
- Concession fee
- Senior fee
- Senior Fee discount not applicable
- Paul Underwood
- Course code
What you will learn
The gentle, relaxed T'ai Chi forms develop strength, suppleness and inner calm, emphasising the benefits to health, meditation practice and philosophy.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Step with balance, i.e. the heel should be placed with no weight falling onto it.
- Make stances to correct width and length, should have hands in correct structure, and centre line should face the correct direction.
- Complete form movements with the pelvis tucked and spine vertical.
- Complete form movements without bobbing up and down.
- Have an understanding of correct Yin and Yang wrist changes, showing a change with each movement.
Class format and activities
Follow instructor led movements and then practice them on your own and with other students with instructor feedback. Listening and contributing to ‘questions and answers’ periods to bolster knowledge and aid learning.
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
Complete beginners to advanced can join this course.
What you need to know before you enrol
Any level of fitness is suitable.
An ability to walk unaided.
For further course information please email email@example.com
What you will need for your class
Loose clothing suitable for exercise. Flat shoes or socks (preferably non-slip), however, most students practice barefoot. Notes can be taken.
What you can do next
Advanced self defence training.
Teacher training is available for appropriate students.