Fitness for Over 50's
When and Where
- 9 Jan 2020 - 2 Apr 2020 (18 hours, 12 weeks)
- Days and times
- Thursday 10:30 - 12:00
- Morley College London
- Full fee
- Concession fee
- Senior fee
- This course has started but late enrolments are accepted.
- Suzy Mills
- Course code
What you will learn
Rhythmic health exercises for you to tone up and align the body, improve the figure, promote confidence and reduce stress.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Have posture awareness
- Know how to exercise safely and correctly
- Identify the benefits and purpose of each exercise
- Maintain cardio-fitness
- Know how to use hand weights
- Carry out floor exercises for muscle toning
- Know how to consciously relax both body and mind
Class format and activities
Moving around the room to music, rhythmically
Exercise for mobility – Aerobic section
Work with hand weights
Toning exercises for strength – carry out on floor mats
Stretching on mats / chairs
Relaxation practice – breathing exercises
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
What you need to know before you enrol
General level, suitable for those aged 50+ and fairly active.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What you will need for your class
Please wear loose exercise clothing and trainers. You may also want a towel and some bottled water.
What you can do next
Attend an extra class at Morley College. Practice at home