Aural Training and Musicianship 2A
When and Where
- 13 Sep 2019 - 6 Dec 2019 (18 hours, 12 weeks)
- Days and times
- Friday 16:00 - 17:30
- Morley College London
- Full fee
- Concession fee
- Senior fee
- This course is full. Register or log in to join the waiting list.
- Selena Kay
- Course code
What you will learn
This practical course develops your listening skills through sight-singing and aural dictation. Learn how to accurately notate rhythm and melody by ear, and gain a deeper understanding of the building blocks of music.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Sight-sing melodies with greater confidence
- Write down melodies and rhythms that you hear with increased confidence
- Recognise the shape and structure of melodies
- Construct and identify chords in major and minor keys
- Develop confidence with identifying the chords which accompany a melody
Class format and activities
Lots of practical exercises involving listening, singing, clapping and writing down what you hear.
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
Enthusiasm to develop your aural skills, ability to pitch notes with your voice, and an understanding of scales, keys and triads. This course uses relative solfa (moveable 'do') to develop relative pitch so some experience with this system would be helpful.
What you will need for your class
Manuscript paper and a pencil
What you can do next
You can continue on Aural Training and Musicianship 2B in the Spring term.
This course supports and develops musicianship skills so is helpful for any kind of further music study and also to support current music study.