GCSE Maths (Foundation)
When and Where
- 17 Sep 2019 - 4 Jun 2020 (150 hours, 30 weeks)
- Days and times
- Tuesday 09:30 - 12:00
Thursday 10:00 - 12:30
- Stockwell Centre
- Full fee
- £0 This course may be available for free
- Concession fee
- Concession Fee discount not applicable
- Senior fee
- Senior Fee discount not applicable
- Jennifer Diprose, Laura Barton
- Course code
What you will learn
This morning GCSE course will equip you with the knowledge required to pass the Edexcel GCSE Mathematics examination and gain skills in applying this knowledge. This course is only open to students who have not previously gained an A-C or 4-9 grade in GCSE Maths. All students must sit an assessment and have a short interview to ensure they are at the right level to begin the course. Not all students who apply are offered a place. However, where possible, students are advised of alternative courses within the Essential Skills department.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Numerical Skills (Estimating, Fractions, Decimals and Percentages, Ratios, etc.)
- Algebra (Expressions, Formulae, Equations, Straight line and Quadratic Graphs)
- Geometry and Measures (Angles, Area and Volume, Circles and Cylinders, Transformations, Construction and Loci)
- Statistics and Probability (Collecting and Representing data, Mean Median and Mode, Probability)
Class format and activities
A combination of any of the following: - Instruction, group work, demonstration, practical assignments, tutor feedback, discussion, questioning and self-evaluation.
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
All new students need to take an assessment before they can enrol. Assessment dates are updated regularly on our website: http://www.morleycollege.ac.uk/departments/essential_skills/how_do_i_enrol
What you need to know before you enrol
What you will need for your class
Writing material, Mathematical Set, Scientific calculator and Ring binder.
What you can do next
Progress on to Access to higher education course, Vocational study or A level