ESOL Entry 2
When and Where
- 20 Apr 2020 - 8 Jul 2020 (42 hours, 11 weeks)
- Days and times
- Monday 10:00 - 12:00
Wednesday 10:00 - 12:00
- Lewington Centre
- Full fee
- £172 This course may be available for free
- Concession fee
- Senior fee
- Senior Fee discount not applicable
- This course requires assessment and interview. Please attend Advice and Guidance days as advertised.
- Judy Cransberg
- Course code
What you will learn
You have passed your Entry 1 exams or understand and speak English at a pre-intermediate level. You read and write in your language and use the Roman alphabet. In this class, you will develop your English and prepare for exams. This class takes place at the Lewington Centre in Rotherhithe.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- use alphabetical order
- identify purpose of & information in simple texts
- exchange spoken information clearly
- follow spoken & written instructions
Class format and activities
- work individually, in pairs and in groups to develop language skills and confidence.
- practise listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
- use the internet and other technology to develop language skills.
- build your study skills
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
At our Advice & Guidance days at the Lewington Centre, Surrey Quays, you will take a test and speak to a teacher before you can enrol. Assessment dates are updated regularly on our website: http://www.morleycollege.ac.uk/departments/essential_skills/how_do_i_enrol
What you need to know before you enrol
Good progress depends on good attendance, regular practice of English and completing homework.
What you will need for your class
Lined A4 paper or notebook.
Pen and pencil
A smartphone or tablet will be useful in class.
What you can do next
The teacher will advise you on the next step. In Term 3, you will continue to work on your reading and writing, speaking and listening. You will sit ESOL Speaking and Listening exams at the appropriate level. Depending on progression, the next step may be ESOL Entry 3.