Advanced Creative Writing
When and Where
- 23 Apr 2020 - 9 Jul 2020 (22 hours, 11 weeks)
- Days and times
- Thursday 14:00 - 16:00
- Morley College London Waterloo Centre
- Full fee
- £205 Staged Payments may be available
- Concession fee
- Senior fee
- Mike Walker
- Course code
What you will learn
A seminar style course in which students can pre-publish their work and gauge the response they might get from a wider audience.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Exercise a greater critical and analytical response to texts
- Apply the conclusions of the analysis of the class and tutor to your own work
- Consider when necessary to make that decision.
Class format and activities
Reading your work and responding to the critical response of the class and tutor; listening to the work of other writers and responding to that with your own analysis.
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
You should have a body of work behind you and be an experienced writer. This is not a course for beginners.
What you need to know before you enrol
What you will need for your class
A lively and creative interest in writing and the ability to listen to and use criticism of your work.
What you can do next
Writing is a continuing process - even the best continue to learn every time they start to work.