ABRSM Grade 6 Aural Skills and Musicianship
What you will learn
This course uses the ABRSM Grade 6 syllabus. Suitable for students who want to work towards taking practical exams, or wish to further develop their musicianship skills.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Develop ability to memorise the upper melodic line from a musical extract in two parts
- Gain confidence and develop strategies for sight singing melodic material
- Understand and develop ability to identify perfect and imperfect cadences
- Identify features of a short piece of music, including dynamics, articulation and tempo changes
- Be more confident about what you hear.
Class format and activities
Exercises and drills to improve internalisation of musical elements
Group and individual exercises involving singing and clapping
Practicing the tests specific to the ABRSM practical exams at these levels
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
Students must be willing to use their voices for singing exercises, and you need to be able to sing in tune to benefit from this course. Some success with the aural tests at the lower grades will benefit the training at this level.
What you need to know before you enrol
Developing good aural skills requires commitment to practice, akin to learning an instrument
What you will need for your class
You will need to bring manuscript paper, a pencil and eraser
What you can do next
ABRSM Grade 6 Aural Skills and Musicianship, Aural Training and Musicanship courses.