Introduction to Fashion Blogging
When and Where
- 29 Feb 2020 - 7 Mar 2020 (11 hours, 2 weeks)
- Days and times
- Saturday 10:00 - 16:30
- Morley College London Waterloo Centre
- Full fee
- Concession fee
- Senior fee
- Roumen Velitchkov
- Course code
What you will learn
This fashion blogging course is ideal if you’re considering starting a fashion blog, or want to learn how to improve your current blog. We will look at the range of formats & content & pinpoint what makes a successful blog. You will gain an overview of both the creative & technical aspects of writing a successful blog , including search engine optimization. We will look at how to use a blog to promote a Fashion Business & how to earn an income from Fashion Blogging.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- select a platform to set up your own fashion blog improve your current blog
- develop and create a content for your fashion blog including written blog posts, photos, videos and graphics
- identify your audience / readers and making it professional, different and unique from the rest
- create successful content to communicate with your audience by understand better consumer psychology and customer behaviour
- design and publish a fashion blog to help you market and promote your business by applying more effectively multi-channel marketing tools
- learn how to use Search Engine Optimization (SEO) helping you to get noticed by personalising and crafting your written and visual content
- use networks like Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram, and Google+ communities to share your blog posts
- start building your own brands, using your fashion blog as a vehicle to reach your audience, and earn an income
Class format and activities
The course allows you to experience live sessions that are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor and fellow students. Teaching will be both as a whole class and on an individual, one-to-one basis using lectures, demonstrations, examples, practical and creative activities, hand-outs and any other technical support materials where appropriate and online access to all lessons.
The sessions are taught by our expert tutor.
To ensure that you make the best possible progress on the course you will have regular and constructive feedback in an inclusive and supportive environment.
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
No previous experience in fashion blogging is required but the ability to use a PC and have basic knowledge to use the internet is essential. You must be able to speak, read and write in English.
What you need to know before you enrol
This course is very intensive; punctuality and good attendance are necessary.
Working on setting up a fashion blog and creating content for it can involve being in front of a PC screen for a number of hours. Please let your tutor know if you have any visual impairment conditions or have experienced difficulties tolerating screen light.
The sessions will be delivered in a general IT room. Please note: there is no eating or drinking allowed in the classroom – no liquids at all are allowed.
What you will need for your class
Pen, pencil, notebook
What you can do next
There are a wide range of courses running that are suitable for beginners to progress further .You may be interested in our Fashion Design , Visual Merchandising and Fashion Styling courses. Please consult the 2018/19 course guide for further details.