The Actor's Voice
What you will learn
In this course you will explore the fundamentals of voice and vocal technique. Discover techniques to increase vocal power & projection. Learn to build resonance, gravitas and tone into your vocal delivery.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Develop and demonstrate fundamentals of vocal preparation
- Discover and practice vocal techniques for projection, resonance and articulation
- Apply vocal technique to a variety of texts to develop vocal skills
- Build your communication skills when working with text
- Improve your confidence when speaking in front of others
- Develop an ability to constructively assess and evaluate your progress and areas for further development in relation to vocal technique in the delivery of text
Class format and activities
Individual, pair and group work
Voice and physical exercises
Tutor and peer feedback
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
This is a practical course so you will need to have a willingness to participate in the range of planned activities and exercises in groups or on your own.
What you need to know before you enrol
You will have physical and voice exercises as part of the course.
What you will need for your class
Comfortable clothes allowing freedom of movement
Soft-soled shoes or non slip socks. (You need to be able to feel the floor with your feet so trainers and shoes with heels are not suitable).
Pen, pencil, eraser and notebook.
What you can do next
Morley College’s Drama Department provides an exciting and diverse range of term-time and short course in Acting, Directing and Public Speaking. Please speak to your tutor, pick up a prospectus, look at our website or call the Theatre & Performance Dept for more information.