When and Where
- 28 Oct 2019 - 25 Nov 2019 (9 hours, 4 weeks)
- Days and times
- Monday 18:30 - 21:30
Monday 18:30 - 20:30
- Morley College London
- Full fee
- Concession fee
- Senior fee
- Senior Fee discount not applicable
- This course has started but late enrolments are accepted.
- Pamela Schermann
- Course code
What you will learn
On this course you will work with an experienced director to investigate Shakespeare from an actor's point of view. You will explore key texts and themes. Suitable for all levels.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Understand the rhythms of verse drama and their effect in performance
- Analyse a passage of verse for the information you need to perform it effectively
- Understand the key features of Shakespeare's use of language
- Confidently perform a Shakespeare monologue
- Confidently perform a Shakespeare scene
Class format and activities
The class will include theoretical work - analysing sections of verse drama on the page - and practical work - performing Elizabethan drama alone and in groups. We will also cover physical and vocal exercises to support your technique in performing Shakespeare.
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
This is a practical course so you will need to have a willingness to participate in the range of planned activities and exercises in groups or on your own.
What you need to know before you enrol
The course will focus on reading and performing drama by Shakespeare.
What you will need for your class
A pen, pencil and notebook.
What you can do next
Morley College’s Drama Department provides an exciting and diverse range of term-time and short course in Acting, Directing and Public Speaking. Please speak to your tutor, pick up a prospectus, look at our website or call the Theatre & Performance Dept for more information.