Prepare for GCSE English
When and Where
- 25 Apr 2019 - 27 Jun 2019 (25 hours, 9 weeks)
- Days and times
- Thursday 12:45 - 15:00
- Stockwell Centre
- Full fee
- Concession fee
- Concession Fee discount not applicable
- Senior fee
- Senior Fee discount not applicable
- This course has started but late enrolments are accepted.
- Sophie MacDonnell
- Course code
What you will learn
This course is for students who are currently studying or working at Level 2 who would like to progress onto a GCSE English course.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Begin to explore structure in fiction writing.
- Know how to identify language features in writing.
- Begin to identify methods writers use to convey their viewpoints and perspectives.
- Improve own writing style with a focus on broadening vocabulary and organising sentence structure.
Class format and activities
A variety of teaching strategies are used. Students are expected to take a collabotative approach to learning and be comfortable working with other students. There will be written work as well as homework.
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
You need to be working at Level 2 English or enrolled on a Level 2 Functional Skills English course. Excellent attendance is a must.
What you need to know before you enrol
You will be expected to attend every lesson. Completion of this course does not mean that you automatically progress onto a GCSE course in September. You will need to do an assessment, in class before the class completes, before you can be offerred a place on a full time GCSE class.