Music Production Diploma
When and Where
- 9 Sep 2019 - 26 Jun 2020 (544 hours, 34 weeks)
- Days and times
- Tuesday 14:00 - 16:30
Tuesday 11:00 - 13:00
Wednesday 14:00 - 16:30
Wednesday 10:30 - 12:30
Thursday 14:00 - 16:30
Thursday 10:30 - 13:00
- Morley College London
- Full fee
- £4500 Student loan information
- Concession fee
- Concession Fee discount not applicable
- Senior fee
- Senior Fee discount not applicable
- This course has started but late enrolments are accepted.
- Camilo Salazar, Matthew Gardner, Jonathan Trott, Alex Wood, Harvey Jones
- Course code
This is a Pearson BTEC National Diploma Level 3 qualification. Learn about every step of the music production process from developing an idea through to delivering a finished product. During this one-year diploma you will enhance your individual creativity while developing your music production skills. You will study with teachers who are industry professionals, with experience working as musicians or engineers with Snarky Puppy, Jacob Collier, Laura Mvula, and many others. You will work with industry standard equipment and cutting edge software to develop strong technical knowhow. This course is an excellent starting point if you want to take the first step towards becoming part of the music industry, progress further in your education by continuing onto our HND Music (Production Pathway) Diploma, or transfer your skills to a wide range of employment or education opportunities.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Work effectively with others in performances and recording sessions
- Understand and apply studio techniques
- Use effectively a wide range of music production software such as Logic Pro, Ableton, Pro Tools, etc.
- Develop and apply technical and musical language to your own work and that of others
- Produce and record music in a variety of contemporary musical styles
- Complete a portfolio of your work and recordings
• You will learn through a wide range of teaching methods including; seminars, practical workshops, lectures, group discussion and individual tutorials.
• You will have the opportunity to work individually and in a group on practical projects aimed to develop industry-standard music production skills.
• Clinics and workshops by high profile guests are an important feature of the course. Recent visiting artists have included multi-Grammy Award winning band Snarky Puppy, Mark Lettieri, Bill Laurance, Peter Gregson, Richard Smith, Joel Cadbury.
• Practical classes take place in Morley’s state-of-the-art recording studio and music technology suite.
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
What our students say
Subject: Music Production Diploma
The course helped me realise I'm really interested in live sound engineering. It's Exciting to have that open up as a new career possibility
No prior study of music technology is necessary but applicants will normally have a range of achievement at Level 2 in GCSEs (in English and Maths) or equivalent qualifications and practical experience of music performance or production. Please contact the college if you require further guidance regarding the suitability of this course for you.