Spanish Stage 5 Term 3
When and Where
- 24 Apr 2019 - 10 Jul 2019 (16.5 hours, 11 weeks)
- Days and times
- Wednesday 19:45 - 21:15
- Morley College London
- Full fee
- Concession fee
- Concession Fee discount not applicable
- Senior fee
- Senior Fee discount not applicable
- This course has started but late enrolments are accepted.
- Chloe Tringalas
- Course code
What you will learn
Explore the cultures and customs of Spanish-speaking countries at an advanced level. Work on your understanding of the language and your advanced-level language skills. This course is suitable for advanced level students. (Level C1)
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Understand written and spoken Spanish in defined situations in a variety of registers
- Communicate effectively and fluently, manipulating the language with increasing accuracy, using a range of structures and vocabulary appropriate
- Give advice, express your own views, react to the views of others and develop independent discourse on topics such as daily news and events, technology and its impact on our lives and, leisure activities. Optional: cinema and music as art and business
- Describe in detail objects, places and people
- Research a topic of your choice and present it to your classmates (optional)
- Read and comment a short story or poem
Class format and activities
• Developing speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
• Learning through communicative activities (individual tasks, role-plays, simulations, debates, pair and small group discussions)
• Listening for the gist and/ or specific information
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
Ideally students should have completed a Stage 4 course and at least one at level 5 or 270 hours’ tuition. However if you are able to deal effectively with everyday situations without much prompting, refer to the past and future and recognize and use the main uses of the Subjunctive, this is the suitable level.
What you need to know before you enrol
The tutor uses the Virtual Learning Environment to post material from the previous lesson and help you prepare for the forthcoming one. It is important that you have access to a computer for the duration of the course and that you consult the VLE at least once a week. Computers are freely available to students in Morley College Learning Centre.
What you will need for your class
PRISMA AVANZA B2 ISBN 8495 986 221
Please bring your own device, and a notebook or file to each lesson.
What you can do next
The follow up course is Spanish Stage 6 Term 1 in September.