French Stage 1 in two terms, Module 1
When and Where
- 8 Jan 2019 - 26 Mar 2019 (19.25 hours, 11 weeks)
- Days and times
- Tuesday 19:45 - 21:30
- Oasis Academy
- Full fee
- Concession fee
- Concession Fee discount not applicable
- Senior fee
- Senior Fee discount not applicable
- This course is full. Register or log in to join the waiting list.
- Anna Vitale
- Course code
What you will learn
Learn the basics of the language (e.g. greetings, personal information, food and drink, numbers, money and days of the week), and start to use it to communicate in everyday situations (e.g. shopping, using services, telling the time and expressing likes and dislikes). This is the first part of a more intensive course that covers Stage 1 in two terms. This course is suitable for complete beginners or those wishing to refresh their knowledge of the basics. (Level A1)
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Write short messages, emails, cards, etc
- Communicate in everyday situations, e.g. ask and reply to questions about family, express likes and dislikes,
- Understand the gist of authentic basic language in verbal and written texts
- Understand some elements of French culture
Class format and activities
Practising speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
Learning through practical activities (individual tasks, role-plays, pair and small group work, games)
Writing basic single words and short sentences, e.g. gap-filling, grammar exercises
Following and giving simple presentations
Listening for the gist or basic information
Revising on topics (e.g. vocabulary) and grammar points
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
No previous knowledge of French is required.
What you need to know before you enrol
Revision will be an important part of learning, therefore you should dedicate at least 2 hours a week to individual study and homework.
What you will need for your class
Paper and pen.
A bilingual French dictionary.
If required, a course book will be negotiated at the start of term. Please bring your own device, and a notebook and file to each lesson.
What you can do next
French Stage 1 in two terms, Term 2