The role of Community Learning at Morley is to widen access to learning for local residents in the boroughs of Lambeth and Southwark. We organise in partnership with the councils and other partners such as voluntary organisations, community and faith groups.
Courses take place in community centres, sheltered accommodation, children's centres, hostels, day centres and schools as well as onsite at the College. View all Community Learning courses.
What is Connect and Discover?
Connect and Discover is a research project offering free short courses. All courses are 15 hours long and will last up to 6 weeks.
What courses can I take?
All eligible students may take one 6-week course. Courses on offer include creative, exercise and IT classes. Each class focuses on managing a specific element of wellbeing.
As this is a research project, we ask all learners to complete mood and wellbeing questionnaires throughout the course.
Am I eligible?
You will be eligible to join a course if you:
- Are experiencing mild to moderate low mood or anxiety
- Live in South London
- Are aged 19 or over
- Feel comfortable with the idea of taking part in a research project
How do I enrol?
The first step for enrolling is to come in for an interview with a Learning Adviser at Morley College. When you see your Learning Adviser, they will:
- Explain the research project and how your information will be used
- Talk to you about the courses on offer
- Check your eligibility
- Ask you to fill in a short mood and wellbeing questionnaire
- Enrol you on one of our courses or signpost you to another organisation.
How to Support Community Learning
It opened my eyes and developed my thirst for learning, and encouraged me to consider further and higher education.