Hazel's first experience of Country Dancing was at school in 1948. In 1962, Hazel danced in the English Folk Dance and Song Society Festival at the Royal Albert Hall. A regular attendee of dance classes across South and West London throughout her life, she has been taught by such luminaries as Cleeve Mason, Gladys Hall, Rhoda and Olive Macnamara.
- 1962 to date: Attended Days of Dance, Weekends of Dance, Easter and Summer Courses studying English Country Dance, Running Set, Long Sword, Rapper Sword and Morris taught by the Macnamara sisters, William Ganiford and Gordon Neal until they retired. Hazel is now the tutor of these courses.
- 1979 to date: Tutor of Country Dance at Morley College, on the recommendation of William Ganiford (ex-tutor at Morley College).
- 1962 to date: Member of Morley College Folk Dance Club, now Tutor and Vice-President
- Certificate of Education of the Leeds Institute of Education 1960
- Hazel has been a member of the English Folk Dance and Song Society since 1960.