Volunteer: Assistant Repetiteur and Vocal Coach
- Stipend of £1,000 per term
- 11 weeks per term for three terms per academic year - Wednesdays and Thursdays 18:30 – 21:30; and Saturdays 13:30 – 16:30.
- Closing date:
- 1 Jul 2019
Morley College London is a specialist designated adult education college located in Waterloo. Founded in 1889, we now provide learning opportunities to over 12,500 people every year, specialising in Arts, Culture and Applied Sciences. The College is a lively and exciting place to work, offering a range of benefits and a friendly and supportive working environment, where each staff member is encouraged to develop their skills and experience.
This is an early-career opportunity for a highly-skilled keyboard player to gain voluntary experience as a repetiteur and vocal coach. The role is to provide assistance to the Head of Opera in delivering musical coaching and keyboard accompaniment to Opera students during rehearsals and performances.
Skill & Qualifications required:
- A subject-based qualification and/or proven relevant experience of teaching/performing
- Successful experience as an accompanist
- Knowledge of operatic repertoire and its vocal requirements and ability to apply this to adult learners
- Proven ability to coach in standard repertoire languages Italian/French/German
- Fluent sight-reading
Please download the Job Decription & Specification: JD Volunteer Assistant Repetiteur 181.JB.19
Closing date: 5pm, Monday 1st July 2019
For an application pack please apply online at https://www.morleycollege.ac.uk/about/jobs , telephone 020 7450 1895 or e-mail email@example.com
Morley College London is an Equal Opportunities employer. The College aims to reflect the diverse community it serves and welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates from all backgrounds.