Sessional Tutor: Portuguese
- : £32.60 incl. of holiday pay and preparation time per hour
- 1.5 hours per week term time
- Closing date:
- 29 Apr 2019
Morley College London is a specialist designated adult education college located in Waterloo. Founded in 1889, we now provide learning opportunities to over 12,500 people every year, specialising in Arts, Culture and Applied Sciences. The College is a lively and exciting place to work, offering a range of benefits and a friendly and supportive working environment, where each staff member is encouraged to develop their skills and experience.
We require a suitably qualified and experienced lecturer to join our teaching staff to teach Portuguese. To be successful in this role you will need to be a fluent speaker of the language and have a degree in the language/ linguistics or equivalent. You will have proven experience of teaching the language to adults (2 + year) and an awareness of differences between European and Brazilian Portuguese, including the ability to deliver lessons to a range of students and monitor progress, provide feedback and devise materials
Skill & Qualifications required:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Level 3 qualification in education or training or a willingness to undertake such a qualification within an agreed time Successful experience of delivering high quality teaching in a relevant subject to adult learners of mixed ability in group settings
- Good organisational and administrative skills, with experience of successfully planning, assessing and evaluating teaching and learning.
- Experience of teaching at higher education level is desirable
Please download the Job Decription & Specification:JD Sessional Tutor Portuguese 163.JB.19
Closing date: 5 pm, Monday 29th April 2018
For an application pack please apply online at https://www.morleycollege.ac.uk/about/jobs , telephone 020 7450 1895 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Morley College London is an Equal Opportunities employer. The College aims to reflect the diverse community it serves and welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates from all backgrounds.