Sessional Tutor: Bookbinding
- £32.60 per hour, including holiday pay and preparation time
- 3 to 5 hours per week Thursdays Term Time
- Closing date:
- 4 Feb 2019
Morley College London is a specialist designated adult education college located in Waterloo. Founded in 1889, we now provide learning opportunities to over 12,500 people every year, specialising in Arts, Culture and Applied Sciences. The College is a lively and exciting place to work, offering a range of benefits and a friendly and supportive working environment, where each staff member is encouraged to develop their skills and experience.
Experienced bookbinding tutor needed for two well established Intermediate & Advanced Bookbinding classes.
Must have skills in:
Advanced book repair, rebinding, gold tooling, working with a wide range of materials including leather, vellum and bookcloth, how to look after and make tools, conservation of old books.
The tutor will need to be a flexible person, able to problem solve, set projects and manage students who are working on individual projects.
We are also interested in proposals from bookbinding tutors for short courses of 5-15 hours in length and who would like to be considered for our tutor pool.
Skill & Qualifications required:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Level 3 qualification in education or training or a willingness to undertake such a qualification within an agreed time Successful experience of delivering high quality teaching in a relevant subject to adult learners of mixed ability in group settings
- Good organisational and administrative skills, with experience of successfully planning, assessing and evaluating teaching and learning.
- Experience of teaching at higher education level is desirable
Closing date: 5pm Monday 4th February 2019
Interviews: Monday 11th January 2019
For an application pack please apply online at: https://www.morleycollege.ac.uk/about/jobs
Telephone 020 7450 1895 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Morley College London is an Equal Opportunities employer. The College aims to reflect the diverse community it serves and welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates from all backgrounds.