Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates: 5pm Tuesday 24 March 2020
5PM Tuesday 24 March 2020
We continue to follow advice from the Department for Education in our response to the current COVID-19/coronavirus outbreak. The steps we have now taken as a college are as follows:
- To transfer from face to face delivery to online learning, wherever possible, from Monday 23rd March to Monday 4th May 2020. This is two weeks prior to the Easter break and two weeks after.
- All students on accredited learning which leads to qualifications (16-18 and 19+), are to be supported in their learning online using Moodle, Google Classroom and more significantly using Microsoft Teams, with use also of Morley Radio to listen to podcasts. Accredited learning will continue within the published term dates, but online.
- For short courses (unaccredited learning), all term 3 courses will be moved back by two weeks, in the hope that face to face teaching can resume from 4th May onwards. We will need to review this over the coming weeks. More immediately, we hope to rapidly establish a number of online short courses delivered via Microsoft Teams, which we hope current students and potential Morley students will be keen to join during this period of social distancing/isolation.
- The college buildings will remain open only for access to essential services that need to be maintained by Professional Services staff, i.e. IT services and MIS. In addition, current building work at Waterloo Centre and essential maintenance at all centres will continue unaffected.
- All college events scheduled during this period will also be postponed until further notice unless they can be delivered in an adapted form online.
Staying well during the pandemic
We encourage our students and staff to follow Public Health England’s guidance for minimising the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19):
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Stay at home advice
Please follow the link below for government guidance on staying at home and away from others.
If you require support or guidance on using our IT services during this time, please contact the IT Service Desk:
Listen to a special Coronavirus (COVID-19) episode of Ask the Principal on Morley Radio