UAL L3 EXTENDED DIPLOMA IN FASHION AND TEXTILES
Develop your creative practice by exploring the design process and strengthening your technical skills. You'll work through a series of exciting, ideas-led projects, working with diverse and individual concepts and learning more about the findustry.
Your studies are supported by expert tutors, excellent industry links, live projects and contextual studies. You'll develop a range of skills including design, illustration, textiles and fashion communication. In your second year, we'll guide you as you choose your own specialism.
For further information contact and be notified of upcoming open days and exhibitions of student work. Please email:
Yvette Blundell Course Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan Bly First year tutor email@example.com
Visit the course gallery website to see student work in more detail.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Apply an understanding of specialist industry practice to a creative project
- Produce a self-initiated project proposal
- Use research to inform and direct a creative project
- Use technical skills and materials associated with a specialist industry practice
- Resolve problems within a creative project
- Use specialist practice visual language to communicate ideas and concepts
- Use specialist presentation techniques to present ideas and outcomes
- Apply reflective practice to a creative project
- Student produce a specialist portfolio to support progression to degree courses, apprenticeships or appropriate entry level roles within the fashion industry
HOW WILL YOU BE SUPPORTED?
You will have a personal tutor to monitor and support your progress in learning. We always provide full support to students who need extra help in any aspect of their studies, for example to dyslexic students.
If you have not yet completed Maths and/or English to a grade 4 then you will attend this as well, as part of the legal requirement of your study programme. Our experienced Maths and English department will support you in gaining the necessary Level 2 qualifications.
To ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
BY THE END OF THE COURSE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO
- Present your completed portfolio for university. Our students progress to renowned institutions such as Central Saint Martins and Royal Academy Antwerp and study Fashion Design, Textiles, Footwear, Costume and Fashion Communication amongst others.
- Apply for one of the many and varied jobs in the industry.